Cleaning an Eco-house


A week ago I was asked to help with house cleaning. As a student I often take cleaning jobs: good money and no need to think too much. Anyway, the house was a very unusual one. It is an eco-house and I want to describe it to you.
It is a nice sunny place with a garden and a terrace. On the terrace you can find a lot of plants and even strawberries planted inside an old bath-tub!
No water is wasted in the house – under every water tap there is a basin, so the running water is collected and then used to water the plants. The dish-washing liquid and other cleaning substances are hand-made by the owner of the house and they are safe for soil and plants.
When I was cleaning her house I was using diluted vinegar which removed dust and stains quite effectively. No “Economica”!
She uses a compost toilet. Instead of water you use dry leaves and sawdust. The content of the toilet returns eventually to the ground and serves as a fertiliser.

Frankly, I was quite inspired by the environmental awareness of this lady. I think it is something we should all aspire to.

1 comment:

  1. Wauuu interesting! She does seem to be an Eco- friendly,good for her that she can be so aware of the environment and not waste water,i think we should all be more aware of how we use things around us and use things carefully and mindfully!

    ReplyDelete