One of the most beautiful cities in Europe


Everybody knows Paris in France but not many have heard about Strasbourg. That’s why I will describe this gem with its traditional architecture and its historical monuments. Also, because I did my medical studies in Strasbourg and I keep a very fond memory of this multicultural city.



Strasbourg is located in the east of France close to the German border in the region of Alsace. The city is immersed in Franco-German culture. in 2018 the city proper has about 280,000 inhabitants. Strasbourg is the official seat of the European parliament and is classified as a world heritage site by UNESCO.


After this brief introduction I would like to describe Strasbourg’s historic city center, the Grande Ile. This name means large island because it is surrounded by the Ill river. Grande Ile looks like a medieval city with its black and white timber framed buildings. The city has many bridges including the well known Barrage Vauban which is a part of Vauban’s seventeenth century fortification. The cathedral of Strasbourg is chiefly known due to its famous astronomical clock.


The city is a very pleasant place to visit thanks to the several parks and green spaces. The Parc de L'Orangerie is a real wonder with its French gardens, its lake and its castell.


I highly recommend visiting Strasbourg especially in autumn when the city becomes magical. You will be amazed by the bright colors of the trees. Don’t miss a chance to taste the culinary specialties, the flamenkush, the choucroute and the delicious traditional cakes (existing in kosher and halal).



I hope you enjoyed the reading.

T

12 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading your review, Yael. You describe the town so well. I've been to Strasbourg in July 2017. It was an amazing one-day trip. I especially enjoyed the boat trip. The whole atmosphere there is magical. It's very authentic and has its own face. Definitely a must to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice thank for sharing !
    I once loved traveling and I was amazed how different cities and people are .
    I always liked to know about other cultures, cities I think that’s amazing and just learned something new from your presentation ! Thanks

    I’ve been to France but not Strasbourg I would never guess it’s a France city sound so German !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very very interesting!
    I always like detailed descriptions of cities in Europe, there's something magical about the greenery, parks, and architecture.
    This city will certainly be on my list of places I want to visit and explore in Europe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. are you serious? please post pictures !! the description is perfect , with pictures it will be too perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. I enjoy reading , wonderful description

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed reading your review about Paris.
    My dream is to travel all over the world and Paris is definitly one of the destinations I want to travel to.
    I will take is seriously to visit there in the autumn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's describing Strasbourg, not Paris :)

      Delete
  7. I was there and I also enjoyed there alot

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to visit someday! Sounds magical.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been to Strasbourg. I was visiting friends in Germany and we pooped over for one day. My friends said they don't like Germans and made me speak French and be their translator :)
    L

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't know that you were speaking French so well!! How many languages do you speak?

    ReplyDelete