snail mucin face cream - auww or wow!

If you asked me two years ago if was willing to spread snail-slime all over my face, the answer would have been - there is no way in hell! But, never say never, I am sure that after reading my post you will at least consider the option, if not go straight on e-bay to get yourself some snail cream of your own (worry not, no snails are being harmed in the process).



Why snails? 
 Apparently, snail mucin has a high concentrate of a substance called "Hyaluronic acid", which seems to be the “holy grail” in the beauty- products industry these days. Snail slime has multi-tasking qualities on several skin concerns, such as moisturizing, pore-minimizing, anti-aging, tone-evening and my favorite: it's my go-to product for calming down skin irritation, even of the harshest kind. 

One can not talk about snail-creams without saying anything about the (South) Korean beauty industry (aka. K-beauty). A 2017 Deloitte (a major global business accounting firm) report declares it to be a "global innovation leader in skincare". K-beauty's world-wide popularity is increasing every year and it is the Koreans who have made snail mucin what it is today- a legitimate, natural and the most popular beauty ingredient. If you want to start or at least try out snail creams, here are some I highly recommend: https://www.ebay.com/bhp/mizon-snail-cream - excellent for treating skin-dryness and skin irritation. Not a face cream as such, but more suitable for layering before using face cream. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Its-skin-Prestige-Cream-descargot-60ml-snail-cream/131196375780? - my favorite face cream.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Your writing is beautiful and the concept sounds very interesting. Do the products feel slimy or do they have the texture of traditional face creams?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unless the cream label reads: 'no snails were harmed in the process of making this product'- I definitely won't be using this. And since Koreans eat squids, octopuses and such, I guess they don't have a problem with snail slime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Sounds very interesting, but still I think I’ll pass. I will leave the experience for others to try it on. Thank you for sharing Zohar!

    ReplyDelete