Ramadan

My favorite month of the year is finally here, the holiest month in the year, Ramadan is a month that may seem a bit hard - fasting between dawn until dusk, not being allowed to eat or drink even though it is too hot outside


Yet a month that all Muslims wait for, a month where people get to test their faith, a chance to get closer to god, have sympathy with those who have no money, food or even a place to stay at.

For me Ramadan is not only a way to get closer to God, it is is also a time for spiritual reflection, prayer, and spending time with family and friends.

My favorite part of the day is when I get to help mom preparing for the Ifar, Iftar is when we break our fast, I get to not only spend time with her, but also to learn new recipes, I get to learn to be patient and not eat while cooking.

3 comments:

  1. It is my favorite month too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting! You wrote:" For me Ramadan is not only a way to get closer to God, it is also a time for spiritual reflection, prayer…" that resonated with me. I think, no matter the religion, we all need a time to connect with G-D and reflect on our year/ life . (and repent)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Until this year I never knew what Ramadan was about, I'm embarrassed to say. I'm glad I know more now. It is mostly thanks to Yara! I enjoyed reading how you feel about it.

    ReplyDelete