stationery and utensils

Let's be realistic, if trying to build a career, being a mother of two and a wife is hard already, then try to add to these being a student.

To put it in another way, it's hard to be a woman , and it's harder to be a successful woman because you need to know priorities, you can't take your responsibilities lightly and above all you will feel like all the odds are against you.


I can still remember the lyrics of the famous song by John Lennon and Yoko Ono, a great duet called " Woman is the Nigger of the world", and it says you know , woman is the nigger of the world, yeah, if you don't believe me, take a look at the one you're with, woman is the slave to the slave, ah, yeah, if you believe me , scream about it. Well, Mrs. Oko you were right , most of the women today feel like slaves to the slaves.

Almost every day I see students most of them are girls, young successful girls - who are extremely tired and exhausted , especially the ones with kids at home . The ones with kids are frustrated, have no time for their children, overwhelmed by the number of assignments they have to finish , confused and feel like the college is sucking the life out of them .

Girls, I know it's challenging , even finding topics for simple daily conversations with your peers can sometimes be challenging , but you can survive anything.

personally , I forgot what i answered my lecturer two years ago when she asked me about the reason i want to become a teacher ! I don't want to "discover " myself, or my strengths , or my talents , I know i don't want to inspire others. however there are so many "dos'" in my life , I" do" study, I "do" memorize, I "do" work through problems, I "do" the laundry , I "do " wash the dishes , I "set" the table every evening to my family, I have so many "dos" in my life that they make the "donts'" so powerless and ineffective.

all things considered , as a mother, a student , a wife and a woman i would like to share with you what i have learnt through my journey at college , i have learnt that i can overcome any obstacle that might face me, i can finish any assignment, prepare tons of lesson plans, teach difficult classes and survive any environment.

" good mothering" is not me being a good role model for my children . it's me teaching them the values i have and pass them on to them , it's me showing them how important my education is to me and reminding them every second that i love them and care for them. " good mothering" helps me function well as a student.

and, if I can do it then you all can do it.

by:
Aml

5 comments:

  1. Wow! What an inspiring post, Amal! I can definitely relate to many things you've described. Choices, priorities, responsibilities, overcoming difficulties that appear on the way, being a role model for your children...All that requires a whole lot of energy, inspiration and strong will, which you obviously possess! Who is your role model in life?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. according to my point of view working mothers are superhero, they are magical

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very inspiring! I also understood that you need to love yourself otherwise nothing good is going to happen neither for you nor for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really appreciate your resilience and realistic attitude towards life. As we move along the road nice words and high ideals sometimes fade away and we face the tough reality. Although it is important to reignite this sparkle that keeps us inspired and alive.

    ReplyDelete